Wind Chimes Accessories For Outdoor Spacesonlineshopper
Wind chimes are a highly popular addition to any outdoor space. The way the wind makes these accessories tinkle and the relaxing sound they make them an extremely popular accessory. Any garden, patio or balcony would certainly be made all the better for it.
That being said, while choosing a wind chime seems like a straightforward enough task, there are actually a number of things that you need to take into careful consideration. After all, these chimes come in all manner of shapes and sizes. This article makes things easier for readers by providing a brief overview of the things you need to look into when choosing a wind chime for your garden.
Most people do not realize that wind chimes are made up of several elements. First, there is the suspension cord. This is usually made from such kind of synthetic materials designed for outdoor use. Since the chimes will be exposed to the elements, it is vital that the cord itself is made as durable as possible.
In addition to that, there is also the ring hook which is used to isolate the chimes suspension cord from the hanger. Most chimes also make use of a suspension platform made from wood, metal, or plastic materials.
Of course, while the elements presented above are vital in terms of helping secure the chimes in place, they are usually considered to be the secondary parts of the wind chime itself. The primary elements are as follows
- Sail – This is responsible for catching with wind
- Tubes and finish – The most prominent element of the wind chime, tubes can be made from a wide range of different materials including aluminum, glass, steel, bamboo, and different kinds of wood. Keep in mind that the type of material will have an inevitable effect on the sound the chime produces.
- Striker – This is the part that strikes the tubes which produce the sound.
Things to Consider
Now that we have a better idea of the chimes’ different elements, let us now delve into the different things one needs to take into consideration.
- Number of tubes – As a general rule, the higher the number of tubes, the higher the number of notes it can play. Remember that these tubes will interact with one another. As the wind strikes, they create a cacophony of sound and generate different harmonies.
- Tube Material – The sound the chimes make is heavily affected by the material used for the tubes. For instance, steel and aluminum tubes produce a sharp tone while tubes made of copper make a more mellow sound. On the other hand, Bamboo and wooden tubes tend to make a hollow sound.
- Tube Finish – The chime’s aesthetic appeal is greatly affected by the finish used on its tubes.
This article presents readers with a breakdown of everything you need to know about wind chimes. It explains all of its basic components. It also explains how they can affect the sound and look of the chimes. Make sure to keep these things in mind for future reference.